March 2013 was filled with huge contracts, and the awards came from many different places, going to both large and small businesses. Who won the biggest contracts of March 2013?
March marked the onset of sequestration, but looking at the dollar values of this month's top 10 contract awards, you'd hardly know it.
To make this month's list, you had to have won a contract with a value greater than $200 million, with the top contract coming out with a ceiling of $22 billion.
March saw a few contracts in the billion-dollar range, as well as some contracts awarded to small businesses. Washington Technology covered 30 contract awards, which is significantly larger than the 13 in February.
Of the 30 contracts that we covered, the U.S. Navy awarded 14 of them. Some of the contracts were awarded by countries like Australia, some by state government, and most of them by a mix up of different military agencies.
So, starting at No. 10, the countdown for the third month of the calendar year went like this:
10. GD Electric Boat scores $215.5M maintenance contract
General Dynamics Electric Boat will perform submarine safety and intermediate maintenance under this five-year $215.5 million task order contract with the U.S. Navy to perform submarine safety program and intermediate submarine maintenance.
The company will provide a number of services, including technical management, administrative and technical services, tools, equipment and facilities.
9. 10 win $249.6M C5ISR contract with Navy
Ten small businesses will compete for task orders under this Navy contract for command and control and enterprise information services.
The companies are:
- Barling Bay LLC
- CASE LLC
- DKW Communications Inc.
- Dynamic Network Enterprises Inc.
- Grove Resource Solutions Inc.
- Information Management Group Inc.
- Mandex Inc.
- Network Security Systems Plus Inc.
- Technical Software Services Inc.
- Vector Planning and Services Inc.
8. Lockheed wins $250M as part of Wyle's NASA team
7. IBM wins $267M pact to take Ohio to the cloud
6. Cubic Corp. wins $300M in Navy training work
5. Booz Allen wins $315M geospatial intell contract
4. Harris gets $500M bump for tactical communications contract
3. CIA's $600M Amazon award heralded as game-changer
2. Wyle wins its biggest contract ever
And the biggest contract of March 2013 was...
1. Seven more win spots on $22B EAGLE II contract
back in the beginning of December
- PPT Solutions (team: CohesionForce Inc., Culpepper Veterans Associates, Davis-Paige Management Systems LLC, DESE Research Inc.)
- Dynamic Security Concepts (team: Broadpoint Technologies, Computer Network Assurance, K4 Solutions, Sphinx Solutions)
- Testpros Inc. (team: Institute for Data Research Inc.)
- PCI Strategic Management LLC (team: DMC Consulting, Dynamic Technology Group, Lloyd Clark LLC, Secure Innovations LLC)
- Gnostech Inc. (team: RNB Technologies, Infinity Systems Engineering LLC, Apex Data Systems)
- Mason Harriman Group (team: Master Key Consulting, AEGIS.net Inc., Endeavor Systems Inc.)
- Global Network Systems of Maryland Inc. (team: CTGi, KT Consulting – NV Inc., MTS Technologies, Rainbow Data Systems)
NEXT STORY: Data guru Ray Bjorklund leaves Deltek