Cobham US subsidiary unveils board
- By Ross Wilkers
- Jun 19, 2020
A U.S. subsidiary of Cobham has stood up a new nine-member board of directors following the British defense company’s acquisition by private equity firm Advent International in January.
In a release Thursday, Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions said it shifted to a “U.S.-centric ownership structure” in order to pursue and support government programs that require a clearance.
The board is comprised of executives with experience in military, government and industry.
“With their support, CAES is well positioned to undertake transformative operational and growth strategies, including technology investments and acquisitions, in our core markets of electronic warfare, radar, missile and space technologies,” CAES CEO and board member Shawn Black said in the release.
Advent Managing Director Shonnel Malani will act as chairman of CAES’ board.
Other board members include:
- Mark Santamaria, CAES chief financial officer
- Wayne Berman, senior managing director at Blackstone
- Kevin Chilton, a retired Air Force general and former Strategic Command leader
- Bob Hitt, chairman of Laird
- Michael Marshall, a director at Advent
- Mark Sirangelo, former executive vice president of Sierra Nevada Corp.’s space systems business
- Robert Weiss, former executive vice president and general manager of Lockheed Martin Skunk Works
Ross Wilkers is a senior staff writer for Washington Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @rosswilkers. Also find and connect with him on LinkedIn.