CenturyLink unveils integrated federal leadership team
- By Ross Wilkers
- Feb 15, 2018
CenturyLink has officially unveiled the executive leadership team in its government business almost three months into the telecommunications giant's post-merger integration with Level 3 Communications.
The business is led by David Young, who holds the title of regional vice president of strategic federal markets. Young was named to that role in July and the deal completed on Nov. 1.
Eight leaders will directly report to Young under the new structure, CenturyLink said Thursday. Five will lead customer-facing units and three will be in charge of groups that cross the entire federal organization.
Those eight leaders are:
- Scott Barnett: vice president, Defense Department sales
- Zain Ahmed: senior director, civilian sales
- Cynthia Shelton: senior director, special programs sales
- Gil Brown: director, defense industrial base and federal carriers
- Craig Cupach: director, research and education sales
- Lisa Bruch: senior director, government strategy
- Seana Gilliland: vice president, program management office
- John Shuttleworth: director, sales engineering
When Washington Technology spoke with Young after the deal’s closure, he said a total of 700 people will be dedicated to the federal market within the combined entity. Both CenturyLink and Level 3 teams would close out their year-end business, he said.
Another item on the integration activity list is the consolidation or novation of contracts Level 3 held on its own.
Ross Wilkers is a senior staff writer for Washington Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @rosswilkers. Also connect with him on LinkedIn.