Who are the region's best contractors of 2017
- By Ross Wilkers
- Sep 13, 2017
The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce and Professional Services Council have unveiled the finalists for this year's Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards ahead of the Nov. 1 ceremony at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Tysons Corner, Va.
Four Contractor of the Year and three Executive of the Year awards will be presented at the 15th edition of this annual event. In addition, SRA International's iconic founder and former CEO Dr. Ernst Volgenau will be inducted into the Greater Washington Government Contractor Hall of Fame.
Veterans Affairs Department executive Greg Giddens will be recognized at the gala as a "best-in-class" public sector leader who has worked extensively to promote public-private partnerships. Giddens is executive director of the VA's office of acquisition, logistics and construction.
Contractor of the Year (greater than $300 million)
Executive of the Year (greater than $300 million)
- Federal Resources
- LGS Innovations
- ManTech International
- Siemens Government Technologies
Contractor of the Year ($75-300 million)
- Tom Deierlein, co-Founder & CEO of ThunderCat Technology
- Dan Johnson, executive vice president at General Dynamics
- Sudhakar Kesavan, chairman and CEO of ICF
- Randy Wotring, chief operating officer at AECOM
Executive of the Year ($75-300 million)
- Altamira Technologies
- Dovel Technologies
- SOSi International
Executive of the Year (up to $75 million)
- Doug Duenkel, president & chief operating officer at Knight Point Systems
- Joseph Fluet III, founder and CEO of MAG Aerospace
- Sonny Kakar, founder and CEO of Sevatec
- Maurice Long, president and CEO of The MIL Corp.
- Joe Martore, president and CEO of Calibre Systems
- Julian Setian, president and CEO of SOS International
- Bill Weber, president and CEO of KeyW Corp.
Contractor of the Year ($25-75 million)
- Greg Craddock, CEO, chairman and owner of PGI
- Cosmo Dimaggio, president and CEO of The Tauri Group
- Dawn Halfaker, president and CEO of Halfaker & Associates
- Kim Hayes, co-founder and CEO of The Ambit Group
- Dr. Ryung Suh, CEO of Atlas Research
- Amy Wright, CEO of Macro Solutions
Contractor of the Year (up to $25 million)
- Atlas Research
- Customer Value Partners
- Dev Technology Group
- Halfaker & Associates
- LS Technologies
- MTEQ | Manufacturing Techniques
- Patriot Group International
- Advanced Concepts and Technologies International
- Evans Inc.
- Highlight Technologies
- Spear Inc.
- The Tauri Group
Ross Wilkers is a senior staff writer for Washington Technology. He can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @rosswilkers. Also find and connect with him on LinkedIn.