NRC plots cloud strategy
Sources sought notices gathers info on wide swath of services
- By Nick Wakeman
- Feb 04, 2013
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is exploring the possibility of using the cloud to deliver a variety of computing services.
In a sources sought notice, the NRC is conducting market research on the availability of a variety of services including:
- Infrastructure hosting
- Infrastructure provisioning
- Systems administration
- Application delivery
- Database management and data store
- Telephonic communication
- Network and network management
- Commodity applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Office Suite, geospatial
- Business application hosting
- Continuity of operations
- Disaster recovery
- Cloud computing management
As part of the response to the notice, NCR is looking at information such as small business designation, past experience (including customer names and a description of services), what contracts under which the company can offer the services, and pricing.
The responses are due March 4.
Nick Wakeman is the editor-in-chief of Washington Technology. Follow him on Twitter: @nick_wakeman.