Alliant goes to 62 small businesses
- By David Hubler
- Dec 17, 2007
Sixty-two vendors have been selected for the $15 billion Alliant Small Business governmentwide acquisition contract, the General Services Administration said today.
The Alliant SB contract, which has a five-year base period with a five-year option, will offer streamlined access to a broad range of management and technical support services. Small businesses will be able to sell complex information technology solutions under a pre-competed, multiple award, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract, GSA said.
"One of government's responsibilities is to create a climate that encourages entrepreneurs who provide the jobs, the hope and the opportunity for millions across our nation," said GSA Administrator Lurita Doan. "Many small and mid-size companies also produce the innovative transformation of solutions sought by the government."
Doan said the companies named to the Alliant SB GWAC will bring IT solutions to federal agencies around the world and help GSA's client agencies achieve their small-business target goals.
John Johnson, assistant commissioner of GSA's Federal Acquisition Service's Office of integrated Technology Services, said GSA originally anticipated making 35 to 40 awards, but chose 62 because of the quality of the 142 applications received. "We're very proud today that we accomplished this ahead of schedule without suffering any degradation of quality."
The 62 companies named to the Alliant SB governmentwide acquisition contract are:
- AAC Inc., Vienna, Va.
- Access Systems Inc., Reston, Va.
- Actionet Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Advanced Alliant Solutions Team, Ashburn, Va.
- Advanced Systems Development Inc., Arlington, Va.
- Alliant Across America Information Services LLC, San Marcos, Calif.
- Alliant Alliance LLC Reston, Va.
- Alliant Information Technologies LLC, Alrington, Va.
- Alliant SB CTA LLC, Bellevue, Neb.
- AlliantCorps LLC, Columbia, Md.
- Alpha Ten Technologies Inc., San Marcos, Calif.
- AOC Alliant Technologies LLC, Chantilly, Va.
- Applied Information Sciences Inc., Reston, Va.
- ASRC Management Services, Greenbelt, Md.
- Avineon Inc., Alexandria, Va.
- Bowhead Information Technology Service Inc., King George, Va.
- Burke Consortium Inc., Alexandria, Va.
- Caelum Research Corp., Rockville, Md.
- Chenega Advanced Solutions and Engineering LLC, Norfork, Va.
- Creative Alliant LLC, Arlington, Va.
- Creative Computing Solutions Inc., Rockville, Md.
- CTG Inc., Oakton, Va.
- Data Computer Corp. of America, Ellicott City, Md.
- Data Networks Corp., Reston, Va.
- Digital Management Inc., Bethesda, Md.
- DSD Laboratories Inc., Sudbury, Mass.
- Electronic Consulting Services Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Energy Enterprise Solutions Inc., Germantown, Md.
- enGenius Consulting Group Inc., Duluth, Ga.
- Federal Acquisition Services Alliant JV LLC, Annapolis, Md.
- Federal Innovators Alliance, Herndon, Va.
- Futron Inc., Lorton, Va.
- Interimage Inc., Arlington, Va.
- Janus Research Group Inc., Appling, Ga.
- Kadix Systems, Arlington, Va.
- Management Support Technology CTA, Fairfax, Va.
- Management Technology Inc., Oxon Hill, Md.
- MAR Inc., Rockville, Md.
- Milvets Systems Technology Inc., Lanham, Md.
- OnPoint Consulting Inc., Arlington, Va. 40
- Phacil Inc., Camden, N.J.
- Preferred Systems Solutions Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- PSI International Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Quality Management & Technology Resources, Largo, Md.
- RX Joint Venture LLC, San Antonio, Texas
- SBAlliance, Inc. Joint Venture, McLean, Va.
- SBD Alliant LLC, Mclean, Va.
- Software Engineering Services Corp., Bellevue, Neb.
- Solers Inc., Arlington, Va.
- SP Systems Inc., Greenbelt, Md.
- Syncrotech Software Corp., San Diego, Calif.
- Synectic Solutions Inc, Oxnard, Calif.
- Systems Plus Inc., Rockville, Md.
- Telesis Corp., Rockville, Md.
- TEM Solutions, Rocklin, Calif.
- The Metrica Team Venture, San Antonio, Texas
- Ultra Technologies Inc., Woodbridge, Va.
- Viatech Systems Inc., McLean, Va.
- Viatech Inc., Eatontown, N.J.
- Vistronix Inc., McLean, Va.
- Webster Data Communication Inc., Fairfax, Va.
GSA's Small Business GWAC Center will administer the contract. GSA named 29 large contractors in August to the $50 billion Alliant IT services contract, the forerunner of the Alliant SB award.
David Hubler is the former print managing editor for GCN and senior editor for Washington Technology. He is freelance writer living in Annandale, Va.