ADMC 3 protesters swells to 20
Another incumbent has joined the voices of protest over the Army Desktop and Mobile Computing 3 awards.
The $5 billion contract went to nine companies last month but only two of the nine are holdovers from AMDC 2 – Dell and NCS Technologies. Dell also is the only large business among the winners.
Now Telos Corp., another incumbent from AMDC 2, has filed a protest, joining fellow disappointed incumbents HP Inc., Integration Technologies Group, CDW-G, and Transource Services Corp.
No word yet on whether Westwood Computer (now Emtec) and MPC-G (apparently no longer in existence) will file their own protests.
Two more companies also filed protests since my last posting – Koi Computers and Technology Integration Group (no relation to Integration Technologies Group).
This brings the total number of protests to 20. Given that the Army received 56 bids but only made nine awards, there are still 27 disappointed bidders that could file protests. Companies typically have 10 days to file a protest following a debriefing so we should be approaching the end of that window.
Here are the protesters to date:
- ACE Computers
- All Gov Tech LLC
- AlphaSix Corp.
- APRISA Technology LLC
- BahFed Corp.
- CDW-G (incumbent on ADMC 2)
- CounterTrade Products
- HP Inc. (listed on the GAO docket as HPI Federal LLC and an incumbent of AMDC 2)
- Insight Public Sector
- Integration Technologies Group (incumbent on ADMC 2)
- Koi Computers
- Mercom Corp.
- New Tech Solutions
- PCM-G Inc.
- Sterling Computers Corp.
- Technology Integration Group
- Telos Corp.
- Transource Services Corp. (incumbent on ADMC 2)
Given the range of dates of when protests were filed (Feb. 21 to March 9), I would expect a Government Accountability Office decision by early June. Of course, there is always the possibility of a corrective action but it is hard to imagine the Army taken an action that will satisfy all 20 protesters.
As a reminder here are the nine winners:
- Blue Tech Inc. San Diego, (W52P1J-17-D-0009);
- Iron Bow Technologies LLC, Chantilly, Va. (W52P1J-17-D-0010);
- Red River Computers Co. Inc., Claremont, N.H. (W52P1J-17-D-0011)
- Intelligent Decisions Inc., Ashburn, Va. (W52P1J-17-D-0012)
- NCS Technologies Inc., Gainesville, Va. (W52P1J-17-D-0013)
- Dell Federal Systems LP, Round Rock, Texas (W52P1J-17-D-0014)
- Strategic Communications LLC, Louisville, Ky. (W52P1J-17-D-0015)
- GovSmart Inc., Charlottesville, Va. (W52P1J-17-D-0016)
- Ideal Systems Solutions Inc., Minnetonka, Minn. (W52P1J-17-D-0017)
Posted by Nick Wakeman on Mar 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM