Six small firms win Navy C4I system services contracts
- By Ross Wilkers
- Jun 15, 2017
Six companies have each won five-year contracts for technology-related services to support the Navy's systems used in C4I -- command, control, communications, computers and intelligence.
The Navy competed the contracts as a small business set-aside and received nine offers. Each contract contains a two-year base period and three one-year options that would extend the award to its full ceiling value.
Awardees and contract details are as follows:
- Assured Space Access Technologies: $34.2 million base value, $89.2 million ceiling value
- Cutler Engineering & Technology Services: $30.5 million base value, $79.4 million ceiling value
- Home2Office Computing Solutions: $30.5 million base value, $78.4 million ceiling value
- King Technologies: $29.3 million base value, $75 million ceiling value
- ODME Solutions: $24.8 million base value, $64.3 million ceiling value
- Tactical Engineering & Analysis: $30.5 million base value, $77.8 million ceiling value
Assured Space Access Technologies was an incumbent on the previous iteration. Deltek lists other incumbents as Computer Sciences Corp., General Dynamics' IT division, Kratos Technology & Training Solutions and Serco Inc., all large businesses.
Contract work will include test and evaluation support, independent verification and validation, configuration management, software quality assurance, web site maintenance and other support for Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific.
The Navy seeks to create an integrated C4I capability to support cryptologic, navigation, environmental and logistics functions for warfighters. Its C4I systems use a mix of commercial open systems architecture technology, non-developmental item hardware components, commercial off-the-shelf software and reusable government off-the-shelf software.
Ross Wilkers is a senior staff writer for Washington Technology. He can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @rosswilkers. Also find and connect with him on LinkedIn.