8 vital White House Twitter feeds
Navigating the eight official White House Twitter accounts just got easier, thanks to a timely directory posted on the president’s blog on Nov. 15.
First, there are the most popular and well-known accounts:
- @whitehouse, with 1.9 million followers.
- @OpenGov, for the administration’s open government initiatives, 117,000 followers.
- @PressSec for Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, 113,000 followers.
- @whitehouseostp, for the Office of Science & Technology Policy, 108,000 followers.
But there also are some lesser-known official White House accounts that the Twitterati apparently have not discovered yet in massive numbers. These include:
- @billburton44, for Bill Burton, deputy press secretary, 16,000 followers.
- @petesouza, for Pete Souza, chief official White House photographer, 7,300 followers.
- @macon44, for Macon Phillips, White House new media director, 3,900 followers.
There is also a Spanish-language companion to the main White House account, @lacasablanca, with 5,787 followers.
In recent days, if you were following all eight accounts, you would have learned in advance that the SAVE award announcement was coming today and been invited to submit questions via tweet in the new First Questions program.
Not to mention, you might have read Phillips’ description of the Nov. 5 White House blog post, “Intern Picks: 10 Must-See White House videos.” Phillips tweeted that it was “perhaps the most agonized-over blog post in WH.gov history.”
I had skipped over the intern blog post before, but after reading that introduction, I just had to check it out.
Posted by Alice Lipowicz on Nov 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM