GMU's GovCon center makes additions to advisory board & faculty
- By Washington Technology staff
- Mar 16, 2021
George Mason University’s research and education center focused on government contracting has added 13 new members to its advisory board along with 13 additions to the affiliated faculty roster.
The Center for Government Contracting made the board appointments to bring in a full range of industry leaders from GovCon companies of all sizes that work with federal agencies or support other contractors, GMU said March 10.
One of those new board appointments comes directly form the Defense Department in John Tenaglia, principal director of defense contracting and pricing in the office of DOD’s undersecretary for acquisition and sustainment.
Tenaglia will act as DOD’s liason to the center. Other new advisory board members are:
- Joseph Chioda, vice president of growth for the intelligence sector at ManTech
- David Dacquino, chairman and CEO of Serco Inc.
- Tara Murphy Dougherty, CEO of Govini
- Joseph Humphries, market executive for Atlantic Union Bank
- Josh Jackson, senior vice president at Science Applications International Corp.
- Mark Lee, executive vice president at ICF
- Eric Montalvo, founding partner for Federal Practice Group
- Al Pisani, president of Mission Essential
- Halleh Sayson, CEO of Cathexis
- Mitch Waldman, executive vice president of government and customer relations at Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Carrie Wibben, senior vice president at Exiger Federal Solutions
- Josh Wilson, senior vice president of service lines and technology at LMI
GMU’s GovCon Center expanded its faculty to further grow the community of practice and capacity for more research.
Those new members are:
- JK Aier, area chair and associate professor of accounting at GMU
- Mehmet Altug, associate professor of information systems and operations management at GMU
- Sidhartha Das, professor of information systems and operations at GMU
- Jaymie Durnan, deputy assistant for strategic initiatives at MIT’s Lincoln Laboratory
- Robert Handfield, distinguished professor of supply chain management at North Carolina State University
- M. Rashed Hasan, executive-in-residence at GMU’s Business for a Better World Center
- Reza Houston, department of finance and insurance at Ball State University’s business college
- Jamil Jaffer, assistant professor of law at GMU’s Antonin Scalia law school
- Mahesh Joshi, associate professor of management at GMU
- Karen Kitching, associate professor of accounting at GMU
- Anne Marie Knott, professor of business at Washington University in St. Louis’ business school
- Sean O’Connor, professor of law at GMU
- William Roeting, research professor and director at GMU’s rapid prototyping research center