AI firm forms new federal group
- By Nick Wakeman
- May 26, 2020
A commercial artificial intelligence company based in Austin, Texas has created a government unit and named an advisory group of former high-ranking officials to help steer the strategy.
SparkCognition has stood up SparkCognition Government Systems to focus on the civilian and defense sectors, it said Tuesday in a release.
The company has sold artificial intelligence solutions to government customers since its founding in 2013. But as that business grew, executives decided there was a need for a separate organization to give it focus.
SparkCognition has created a board of directors for the government business and those members include:
- John Allen, retired Marine Corps general and former commander of the NATO International Security Assistance Force
- Lisa Disbrow, former Air Force undersecretary
- Michele Flournoy, former defense undersecretary for policy; and co-founder and managing partner of WestExec Advisors
- John Richardson, retired Navy admiral and former chief of naval operations
- Robert Work, former deputy defense secretary
- Amir Husain, founder and CEO of SparkCognition
Nick Wakeman is the editor-in-chief of Washington Technology. Follow him on Twitter: @nick_wakeman.