DOD CIO plans $325M IT support services IDIQ
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Apr 28, 2017
The Defense Department Office of the CIO is considering a five-year, $325 million contract for mission support services.
In a new request for information the CIO wants information on the following areas:
- Information enterprise
- Command, control, communications and computers and information infrastructure capabilities (C4&IIC)
- IT management analytics and data analytics support services
The CIO anticipates awarding the contract this year. It could be either a multiple-award indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity contract or a multiple-award blanket purchase agreement.
Some of the specific support the CIO is interested in includes:
- Providing enterprise policy and architecture support
- Driving secure information enterprise services
- Assisting in DOD IT investment analyses
- Assisting in efforts to strengthen DOD cybersecurity
- (C4&IIC) technical research support services
The sources sought notice was released April 28. Responses are due by May 22.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.