Who won December's biggest contracts?
- By Mark Hoover
- Jan 06, 2016
The final month of the year has come and gone, and 2015 ended quietly.
Washington Technology covered 45 contract awards in December, compared to a barely larger 46 awards in November.
October, November and December all had to follow the forever active September, which saw 71 awards this year.
December's 45 awards pales in comparison to December 2014’s 59 awards. This ends a trend of 2015 where the months outpaced contract awards from the year before.
The general size of contracts was up this month, however. To make the list in December, you had to have a contract with a value greater than $247 million, compared to the minimum value of $98.8 million last month.
The top ten contracts of December are:
10. CSRA scores $247M task order to support Army National Guard
CSRA has won a $247 million task order to continue its support of the Army National Guard.
9. 7 win spots on $249M Army infectious disease contract
Seven 8(a) small businesses have won spots on a $249 million contract to support the Army Medical Research and Materiel Command at various federal research laboratories.
8. Northrop Grumman wins $286M to produce Hawkeye UAV for Japan
Northrop Grumman received a $286 million Navy contract modification to produce and deliver one E-2D Advanced Hawkeye unmanned aerial vehicle to the government of Japan.
7. Lockheed Martin wins $302.2M contract to continue missile production
Lockheed Martin has won a $302.2 million contract with the Air Force to continue producing the Joint-Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) and its extended range version.
6. General Atomics wins $338.2M contract to support drones
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems has won a $338.2 million contract with the Air Force to support its drones.
5. ManTech scores $407M Air Force security contract
ManTech International has won a $407 million contract to support the Air Force.
4. PAE joint venture wins $488M facility, base operations contract
A joint venture formed by PAE and two other companies has won a $488 million contract to support the Navy mission at Joint Region Marianas, Guam.
3. Six score spots on new $503M GSA Salesforce consolidation BPA
Six companies have won spots on the General Services Administration’s five-year, $503 million Salesforce Implementation, Integration and Support Services (SIISS) blanket purchase agreement.
2. Harris wins $800M contract to support Army Research Lab
Harris Corp. has won an $800 million contract to support the Army Research Laboratory.
1. DISA names eight to $4.3B telecom contract
Eight telecom companies have been named to a $4.3 billion Defense Information Systems Agency contract to support its enterprise-level infrastructure.
Mark Hoover is a senior staff writer with Washington Technology. You can contact him at email@example.com, or connect with him on Twitter at @mhooverWT.