7 win spots on $249M Army infectious disease contract
- By Nick Wakeman
- Dec 02, 2015
Seven 8(a) small businesses have won spots on a $249 million contract to support the Army Medical Research and Materiel Command at various federal research laboratories.
The companies will compete for task orders to provide services such as program management support, research, medical logistics, regulatory compliance, financial management and IT support.
The seven winners are:
- Cherokee Nation Assurance of Catoosa, Okla.
- DS Federal Inc. of Rockville, Md.
- Eagle Applied Sciences of San Antonio
- Laulima Government Solutions of Orlando, Fla.
- One Federal of Waldorf, Md.
- TConneX Inc. of McLean, Va.
- Venesco & Hyperion Joint Venture of Chantilly, Va.
The contract has one base year and four one-year options.
The Army Medical Research and Materiel Command manages six laboratories that conduct research to improve treatments and protections for warfighters facing biological threats.
Nick Wakeman is the editor-in-chief of Washington Technology. Follow him on Twitter: @nick_wakeman.