Second draft Alliant 2 RFP hits the street
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Oct 16, 2015
The General Services Administration issued the second draft request for proposals of the $50 billion Alliant 2 Unrestricted governmentwide acquisition contract.
GSA officials want feedback on the entire draft RFP, but is especially focused on several key areas. They want input from companies, end-users and experts on the labor categories and standard occupational classifications. In attempt to better standardize Alliant 2, GSA officials are considering three labor categories:
• Standard IT services, which are IT services that have historically been used in past IT contracts.
• Non-standard IT services, which are services outside of the standard types of services.
• Ancillary IT services, which are services agencies can use to meeting professional IT service objectives.
They’re also asking for comments on areas, including:
- Incorporating the “required” Defense Department clauses under the GSA GWACs.
- Cybersecurity contract language flowing down to the GWAC task orders.
- Application of Requirements contract type and task order approach under the Fair Opportunity process.
- GSA GWAC-specific transactional data reporting.
- Contractor engagement performance-based acquisition requirements.
- Sustaining socio-economic goals for small-business subcontracting.
- Implementation of an open season.
- Environmental reporting at the master contract versus task-order level.
- Efficient and speedy master contract and task order closeout.
Alliant 2 is a multiple-award, indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity contract that provides IT solutions through a broad range of services. Along with technology, companies must provide agencies with management, supervision, labor, facilities and materials.
GSA’s Interact website is dedicated to feedback and updates on the Alliant 2 and Alliant 2 Small business GWACs.
Alliant Unrestricted 2 is for all companies. GSA plans to release its Alliant Small Business GWAC draft RFP in the next few days, according to its notice.
The current Alliant GWAC ordering period expires in 2019.
GSA released the draft RFP Oct. 15. Responses are due Nov. 30.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.