Who won June's biggest contracts?
- By Mark Hoover
- Jul 10, 2015
Contract activity slowed down a bit in the sixth month of 2015, but June still saw some pretty substantial awards come to market with ceilings in the billions of dollars.
Washington Technology covered 39 awards during June, compared to 43 in May. June’s 39 contract awards also pales in comparison to June 2014’s 46 awards.
This continues a trend that began in January with year-over-year comparisons not quite holding up.
2014: 53 awards
2015: 38 awards
2014: 43 awards
2015: 33 awards
2014: 66 awards
2015: 58 awards
2014: 69 awards
2015: 41 awards
2014: 63 awards
2015: 43 awards
2014: 46 awards
2015: 39 awards
However, some huge contracts were still awarded this month. To make the top 10 list in June, you had to have won a contract worth more than $64 million.
The top contract awards for June kicks off at number 10:
10. SAIC wins $64.2M task order to refresh Marine Corps IT
Science Applications International Corp. has won a $64.2 million task order to provide the Navy with Marine Corps Enterprise Information Technology Services technology refresh services.
9. Parsons scores $68.8M contract to support DIA intelligence center
Parsons Government Services has won a $68.8 million contract to provide scientific and technical support to the Defense Intelligence Agency’s Missile and Space Intelligence Center.
8. KOAM Engineering Systems wins $76.1M contract to support Norfolk shipyard
KOAM Engineering Systems has won a $76.1 million contract to support the Navy’s Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, Va.
7. Airtec wins $80.7M contract to provide ISR services
Airtec Inc. has won an $80.7 million contract to provide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance services in support of the U.S. Southern Command.
6. SRA wins $85M contract to provide IT services
SRA International has won an $85 million contract to support the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
5. Lockheed Martin wins $119.2M contract to support Iraq F-16 program
Lockheed Martin has won a $119.2 million contract to provide the Air Force with contractor logistics support.
4. Army adds another $652M to ITES-2H contract
The Army has added another $652 million to the ITES-2H contract to create a better bridge to the next version of the $5 billion hardware contract.
3. Lockheed wins $870M contract to continue support of missile defense system
Lockheed Martin has won an $870 million contract to continue to support the Missile Defense Agency’s Ballistic Missile Defense System.
2. Bechtel team wins $1.5B Air Force engineering contract
Bechtel-led team has won a $1.5 billion contract to run the Arnold Engineering Development Complex at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
1. Eight companies win $5B contract to support USAF contract augmentation program
Eight companies will compete for work under a $5 billion contract with the Air Force to support the Air Force Contract Augmentation Program.
Mark Hoover is a senior staff writer with Washington Technology. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with him on Twitter at @mhooverWT.