Transition support services needed for DOD move
- By Kerri Hostetler
- Oct 09, 2006
Tricare Theater Medical Information Programs is looking for a vendor to help it move.
TMIP is transitioning its data and workstations from the Deployment Health Support Directorate in Falls Church, Va., to the Defense Information Systems Agency in San Antonio, Texas. TMIP is asking vendors for installation, configuration and system support services
for the transition.
Tricare, the health plan for the Defense Department, is responsible for the medical needs of military personnel, veterans and their families. TMIP is a joint program between the Tricare Medical Activity and the Defense Department's Military Health System. Its mission is to provide an interoperable, integrated suite of software tools that pull together data from several existing Military Health System medical applications.
The General Services Administration is soliciting for a service-disabled veterans small business for the two-year contract, and is expected to post the solicitation this week on FedBizOpps.gov.
Some of the services the vendor will provide include:
Kerri Hostetler is a staff writer for
- Task management
- Transition planning for data, systems and hardware
- Technical design and integration for the help desk support installation and configuration of the existing systems (Theater Medical Data Store, Joint Medical Workstation and Joint Patient Tracking Application)
- The creations maintenance and publication of procedures for transitioning data via current and future interfaces
- The development of a fully redundant continuity-of-operations planning site
- Documentation, demonstration and testing
- Help desk support.
Washington Technology's sister publication, Government Computer News