London, Volgenau among honorees
[IMGCAP(2)]Jack London, chairman and chief executive officer of CACI International Inc., and Ernst Volgenau, chairman of SRA International Inc., shared an award for large contractor of the year at the third annual Greater Washington Contractor Awards dinner Oct. 19.
They were among several individuals and companies recognized by the event sponsored by the Northern Virginia GovCon Council, the Professional Services Council and Washington Technology. The GovCon Council is part of the Fairfax Chamber of Commerce.
Earle Williams, considered one of the founders of the government IT services industry, received the Hall of Fame award. Williams was the long time chairman and chief executive officer of BDM International Inc.
Other winners were:
- Northrop Grumman Corp. ? Large contractor of the year
- Stanley Associates Inc. ? Mid-size contractor of the year
- McDonald Bradley Inc. ? Small contractor of the year
- Mary Frances leMat, Social & Scientific Systems Inc. ? Mid-size contractor executive of the year
- Doug Wagoner, Data Systems Analysts Inc. ? Small contractor executive of the year
- Joann Kansier, Federal Aviation Ad-ministration and Greg Rothwell, Homeland Security Department ? Co-winners of the Government partner of the year.
[IMGCAP(3)]"This year's winners are companies and individuals who are looked up to by their peers; who are admired for their success, the quality of their work, and, equally, for the qualities of their character and cultures," said Stan Soloway, president of the Professional Services Council. "They offer an important reminder that there are many reasons to be proud about being a part of this industry."
Complete coverage of the awards banquet and profiles of the winners will appear in the Nov. 7 issue of Washington Technology.