Mexico tax system work is PeopleSoft's largest deal

PeopleSoft Inc. won a two-year contract worth more than $50 million from Mexico's Tax Administration Service, officials of the Pleasanton, Calif., company said today. The contract is the largest combined software and services deal in the company's history, they said.

The Tax Administration Service is Mexico's equivalent to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. PeopleSoft will provide consulting services and implement its enterprise financial management, customer relationship management and performance management software, as well as its enterprise portal.

The Mexican tax system is comprised of many centralized and decentralized databases across 66 countrywide collection centers. PeopleSoft's work with consolidate the Tax Administration Service's data into a single, integrated platform to better identify individual and corporate taxpayers and increase tax collections, the company said.

According to PeopleSoft, the company won the contract over SAP and Oracle Corp. after the Tax Administration Service tested each company's solution over three months.

"There are only three companies in the world that can do this ? Oracle, SAP and us. This is a major win for us," said Enrique Perezyera, senior vice president of PeopleSoft Latin America and the Caribbean.

Three external academic and research institutes assisted the service in its evaluation of the three companies' solutions, as did the World Bank, which put up 70 percent of the money for the project, Perezyera said. The Mexican government is paying for the remaining 30 percent, he said.

PeopleSoft will also link taxpayers to the Tax Administration Service through the portal, as well as phone and e-mail. Taxpayers will have secure, online access to personalized account statements.

Subcontractors to PeopleSoft include IBM Corp. of Armonk, N.Y., and SPL WorldGroup Inc. of San Francisco.

Reader Comments

Please post your comments here. Comments are moderated, so they may not appear immediately after submitting. We will not post comments that we consider abusive or off-topic.

Please type the letters/numbers you see above

What is your e-mail address?

My e-mail address is:

Do you have a password?

Forgot your password? Click here
close

Trending

  • Dive into our Contract Award database

    In an exclusive for WT Insider members, we are collecting all of the contract awards we cover into a database that you can sort by contractor, agency, value and other parameters. You can also download it into a spreadsheet. Our databases track awards back to 2013. Read More

  • Navigating the trends and issues of 2016 Nick Wakeman

    In our latest WT Insider Report, we pull together our best advice, insights and reporting on the trends and issues that will shape the market in 2016 and beyond. Read More

contracts DB

Washington Technology Daily

Sign up for our newsletter.

Terms and Privacy Policy consent

I agree to this site's Privacy Policy.