Air Force working on $46M geospatial support contract
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Mar 03, 2017
The Air Force issued a solicitation for a five-year, $46.5 million indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract for geospatial support services.
The Air Force intends to award up to three contracts. The Air Force released the solicitation March 3. Responses are due by April 4.
Task orders will support the Air Mobility Command Geo Integration Office. The office will use the contract to improve shared situational awareness across the Air Force.
The contract is built around 12 task areas.
- Geospatial program and operations management support
- Requirements elicitation
- Geospatial strategic support
- Communications, education, and training
- Geospatial data support
- Geospatial analysis and data presentation support
- Geospatial IT system support and management
- Assessment and authorization
- IT portfolio management
- Application development, modernization, and sustainment
- Helpdesk services and customer support services
- Contingency support
Work will begin in November. The solicitation number is FA4452-17-R-0021.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.