DOE, NNSA plan BPA for professional support services
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Oct 17, 2016
The Energy Department and the National Nuclear Security Administration is considering their own strategic sourcing vehicle for professional, technical, engineering and programmatic support services.
The department released a draft request for quotations to set up a blanket purchase agreement (BPA).
DOE and NNSA plan to use it for task areas:
- Program management support
- Nuclear engineering subject matter expertise and analytical support
- Training support
- Security management support
- Weapons Data Access System (WDACS) programmatic support
- Emergency operations support
- Nuclear nonproliferation support
- Environmental management and sustainability
DOE plans will result in multiple BPAs.
The RFQ will be open only to General Services Administration professional services schedule holders.
DOE and NNSA released the presolicitation notice and draft RFQ Oct. 14. Responses are due by Oct. 24.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.