Forest Service plans IDIQ for GIS, GPS support services
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Oct 13, 2016
The Forest Service is conducting research for a potential five-year, indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity contract for work based on geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, global positioning systems (GPS), and cartography.
These global support services (GSS) would include task areas related to:
- Geospatial data compilation, processing and manipulation
- GIS and remote sensing analysis and modeling
- Scripting and geospatial programming and remote sensing modeling and analyses, database queries, and geospatial workflow automation
- Geospatial training development and delivery
- Geospatial technology transfer and helpdesk support services
The agency anticipates awarding the IDIQ in June 2017.
The IDIQ’s work would support the Forest Service’s Geospatial Services and Technology Center (GTAC).
The Forest Services released a sources-sought notice Oct. 12. Responses are due by Oct. 28.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.