Naval Academy to modernize 15-year-old IT business system
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Jul 22, 2016
The U.S. Naval Academy is modernizing its 15-year-old IT business system. Now it needs a company to help install and configure the new platform and software.
The academy purchased licenses for the latest version of the SAP Business Intelligence Suite, and now it needs to get it in place and operating. The primary work under the contract includes:
- Assessment and planning of the overall effort
- Installation and configuration of the most recent stable version on production and development and test servers
- Configuration of the platform, web intelligence, crystal reports for enterprise, and design studio
- Migration of the platform, users, and documents
- Assessment of the BusinessObjects environment to recommend best practices
The academy also wants basic training on various topics.
The Navy released the solicitation July 22. Responses are due by July 27.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.