DOD to host meets with companies for innovation outreach program
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Mar 23, 2016
The Defense Department will host meetings with companies this summer in support of its Rapid Reaction Technology Innovation Outreach Program.
The meetings will give innovative companies a chance to meet with defense officials to discuss their technologies and capabilities. Following that, there is the potential to participate for particular pilot projects or experimentation, if their technology seems to match the projects.
Defense officials are looking for innovative technologies and solutions in the areas of:
- Cyber situational awareness
- Wireless, embedded and industrial control systems
- Next generation malware detection, adaptive defense and response
- Cyber modeling and simulation
- Insider threat detection and mitigation
- Cyber forensics and analytics
- Enterprise and cloud security services
- Big data for cyber
- Artificial intelligence and autonomy for cyber
Interested business must send applications for the meetings by April 19.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.