ATF seeks enterprise records management system
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Mar 01, 2016
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) needs to set up an enterprise-wide Electronic Records Management System that meets specific archiving regulations.
The new software and service solution must meet the electronic records management requirements of a memo issued by the Office of Management and Budget and National Archives and Records Administration.
The software and service solution must work with existing software in ATF’s current enterprise architecture.
The software must allow ATF to:
- Set up a framework to allow for various access privileges
- Maintain a master list of subject classifications and subcategories
- Create dashboards, notifications, and searches
- Allow ATF offices to create their own files in the system
- Construct as a hierarchy of records and folders
- Provide for the verification and validation of records
ATF has yet to decide whether to set aside the contract for certain types of businesses.
ATF released its request for information March 1. Responses are due by March 31.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.