DISA hosts industry day to discuss MilCloud 2.0
- By Matthew Weigelt
- Feb 17, 2016
The Defense Information System Agency has scheduled an industry day for Feb. 22 to discuss a new request for information regarding MilCloud 2.0.
The industry day will be held at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab campus in Laurel, Md.
MilCloud is a cloud-services product portfolio, featuring capabilities to drive agility in developing and deploying secure DOD applications. It’s an Infrastructure as a Service solutions combining commercial-off-the-shelf and government-developed technology to provide DOD with tailored cloud services.
Through the RFI and the industry day, DISA is gathering input on the companies’ ability to provide infrastructure services from within the Defense Department data center facilities.
Officials want feedback on:
• Bringing the value of the best contemporary commercial infrastructure services, particularly for highly protected, unclassified workloads
• Demonstrating cost savings in using contemporary, commercially developed, shared-resource-pool service architectures
• Delineating service responsibilities between the vendor infrastructure service provider and the government
• Finding an optimal contracting arrangement
• Demonstrating a cost recovery chargeback model to include billing and invoicing
• Streamlining the workload transition to the new infrastructure environment
DISA released the RFI Feb. 12. Responses are due by Feb. 26.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.