Who are 2015's best government contractors?
- By Mark Hoover
- Nov 06, 2015
Some of the best companies and executives were honored as part of the 13th Annual Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards gala Thursday night.
Presented by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce and the Professional Services Council, the GovCon Awards recognize and honor the leadership, innovation and commitment to excellence of the individuals and businesses in the region's government contracting sector.
The awards honored Office of Federal Procurement Policy Administrator Anne Rung as public sector partner of the year, a person who has worked to promote effective partnership between the sectors.
The GovCon Awards also inducted both Paul Lombardi and Stan Soloway into the Greater Washington Government Contractors Hall of Fame.
PAE’s Clinical and Non-Clinical Management of Ebola Treatments Units program with USAID won program of the year.
The winners and finalists in each category are:
Contractor of the Year (up to $25 million)
- Atlas Research (WINNER)
- Amyx, Inc.
- CollabraLink Technologies
- Defense Point Security
- Democracy International, Inc.
- Highlight Technologies
Contractor of the Year ($25 million to 75 million)
- OGSystems (WINNER)
- Attain LLC
- Buchanan and Edwards
- E3 Federal Solutions LLC
- NT Concepts
Contractor of the Year ($75 million-300 million)
- CALIBRE Systems Inc. (WINNER)
- Haystax Technology
- Millennium Engineering and Integration
Contractor of the Year (greater than $300 million)
- Accenture Federal Services (WINNER)
- Bechtel Corporation
Executive of the Year (up to $75 million)
- Ben Edson, founder & CEO, VariQ (WINNER)
- Heidi Gerding, president & CEO, HeiTech Services Inc.
- Scott Goss, CEO, Preferred Systems Solutions Inc.
- Kim Hayes, CEO, the Ambit Group
- Lisa Wolford, president & CEO, Constellation West
Executive of the Year ($75 million-300 million)
- Y.Michele Kang, CEO, Cognosante (WINNER)
- Doug Duenkel, COO, Knight Point Systems LLC
- David Fout, CEO, Aquilent
- William Van Vleet, CEO, Haystax Technology
Executive of the Year (greater than $300 million)
- John Heller, CEO, PAE (WINNER)
- Sondra Barbour, executive vice president, Information Systems & Global Solutions, Lockheed Martin
- Marilyn Crouther, senior vice president and general manager, U.S. public sector, HP
- Mac Curtis, President & CEO, Vencore Inc.
- Thomas Romeo, president, MAXIMUS Federal Services
- Mark Testoni, CEO, SAP National Security Services
Mark Hoover is a senior staff writer with Washington Technology. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with him on Twitter at @mhooverWT.