DISA

DISA planning range of new IT contracts

At a recent industry day, the Defense Information Systems Agency outlined a number of upcoming contracts that contractors should know about, according to FCW.

One such contract is Telecommunication Services and Enterprise Acquisition Services, or TSEAS, is focused on achieving an enterprise resource planning solution to support DISA’s back-office needs. A request for proposals is planned in the second quarter of fiscal 2016.

Another topic was the Defense Department’s interest in automation. FCW reported that around 80 percent of incoming email traffic to Defense Department accounts is spam, with the remaining 20 percent being comprised of benign traffic and zero-day threats that cannot be blocked with known signatures.

To that end, DISA will soon release an RFP for an “Enterprise Email Security Gateway Solution” to provide anti-virus and content-filtering services.

DISA has also been supporting ad-hoc communications networks and providing tools to synthesize intelligence in the field, especially now that the fight against ISIS is changing; however, setting up ad hoc networks can mean dealing with legacy technology, FCW reported, and the agency is looking to move those legacy systems forward and toward integration.

Reader Comments

Wed, Nov 4, 2015

I really don't get the combination of Telecommunication and ERP Services on one DISA IDIQ. First, telecom and ERP solutions come from two completely different types of companies. Second, so many agency specific ERPs have failed to deliver solution on time and on budget. Third, why not leverage one of the existing services ERPs like GFEBS, LMP, Navy ERP, DEAMS, DAI, or EBS-Core EBS-EC EBS-EProc and the $15B already spent.

Please post your comments here. Comments are moderated, so they may not appear immediately after submitting. We will not post comments that we consider abusive or off-topic.

Please type the letters/numbers you see above

What is your e-mail address?

My e-mail address is:

Do you have a password?

Forgot your password? Click here
close

Trending

  • Dive into our Contract Award database

    In an exclusive for WT Insider members, we are collecting all of the contract awards we cover into a database that you can sort by contractor, agency, value and other parameters. You can also download it into a spreadsheet. Our databases track awards back to 2013. Read More

  • Navigating the trends and issues of 2016 Nick Wakeman

    In our latest WT Insider Report, we pull together our best advice, insights and reporting on the trends and issues that will shape the market in 2016 and beyond. Read More

contracts DB

Washington Technology Daily

Sign up for our newsletter.

Terms and Privacy Policy consent

I agree to this site's Privacy Policy.