September release planned for $50B Networx replacement
- By Nick Wakeman
- May 29, 2015
General Services Administration officials are telling industry that the final solicitation for the Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions contract will be released in September.
Speaking at an open meeting at GSA’s headquarters on Thursday, Amando Gavino Jr., director of GSA’s Office of Network Services Programs, also said that three regional telecommunications contracts that were to help bridge the move from Networx to EIS had been cancelled, FCW.com reported.
The multiple-award Regional Infrastructure Solutions contracts were slated for award in 2016, but instead, GSA will extend Networx and multiple local service agreement contracts until EIS begins in 2017.
The concern was that the RIS contracts would have slowed down the transition to EIS, Gavino told FCW report Mark Rockwell.
Originally, the RFP for EIS was to come out in July, but was pushed back as GSA sifted through more than 1,500 industry and agency comments.
The EIS contract is expected to have a $50 billion ceiling over 15 years.
Nick Wakeman is the editor-in-chief of Washington Technology. Follow him on Twitter: @nick_wakeman.