Six small businesses split $50M engineering support contract
- By Zach Noble
- Apr 17, 2014
Six small businesses have won up to $50 million under a Navy engineering services contract.
The contracts, for the procurement of Ashore Systems engineering services, entail engineering development, design, maintenance and other services.
The contracts include a base year, the estimated value of which is around $10 million, along with options that could push the total value to $49.9 million.
The small business winners are:
- Alutiiq Security & Technology, Anchorage, Alaska
- Atlantic CommTech, Corp., Norfolk, Va.
- Forward Slope Inc., San Diego
- The Cameron Bell Corp., doing business as Government Solutions Group, Daniel Island, S.C.
- Mandex Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Systems Applications & Solutions, Hanahan, S.C.
Work is expected to be completed by April 2015, though if all options are exercised, work could stretch to April 2019.
Funds in the amount of $25,000, split among the winners, were obligated at the time of the award.
The six winners were selected from 20 bids received.
Zach Noble is a former FCW staff writer.