SRA's Volgenau leads group of 2013's top contractors
Finalists announced for annual GovCon awards
- By Washington Technology staff
- Sep 05, 2013
Ernst Volgenau, founder and chairman of SRA International, leads a field of 39 companies and executives who were named finalists in the 11th annual Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards program.
Volgenau was picked as this year’s hall of fame honoree. The annual awards program is produced by the Fairfax, Va., Chamber of Commerce and the Professional Services Council. Washington Technology is a media sponsor of the event.
In addition to Volgenau, finalists were picked in four size categories for contractor of the year, and three size categories for executive of the year. The winners will be announced at a gala dinner Nov. 7.
The 2013 finalist are:
Contractor of the Year, greater than $300 million
- Accenture Federal Services LLC
- Carahsoft Technology Corp.
- MacAulay-Brown Inc.
- Northrop Grumman
- TeleCommunication Systems Inc.
Executive of the Year, greater than $300 million
- Ted Davies, senior vice president and president, Unisys Federal Systems
- Kathleen Flanagan, president and CEO, A--B-T Associates Inc.
- Sid Fuchs, president and CEO, MacAulay-Brown, Inc.
- Charles Prow, managing partner, IBM
- Anthony Smeraglinolo, president and CEO, Engility Corp.
- Jody Tedesco, president, NJVC, LLC
Contractor of the Year, $75 million to $300 million:
- Altamira Technologies Corp.
- Digital Management Inc.
- Noblis, Inc.,
- Novetta Solutions LLC
- Salient Federal Solutions
- SYSTEMS MADE SIMPLE INC.
Executive of the Year, $75 million to $300 million:
- Brad Antle, president and CEO, Salient Federal Solutions
- Scott Goss, president and CEO, Preferred Systems Solutions Inc.
- Jeff Handy, CEO, Fulcrum IT Services Co.
- Dennis Kelly, president and CEO, A-T Solutions
- Joseph Martore, president and CEO, CALIBRE Systems Inc.
- John Wood, chairman and CEO, Telos Corp.
Contractor of the Year, $25 million to $75 million:
- Octo Consulting Group Inc.
- Technatomy Corp.
- Vistronix Inc.
Executive of the Year, less than $75 million:
- David Fout, CEO, Aquilent,
- Kim Hayes, Co-Founder and CEO, the Ambit Group LLC,
- Larry Letow, president and CEO, Convergence Technology Consulting,
- Kymm McCabe, CEO, ASI Government
- Mehul Sanghani, president, Octo Consulting Group Inc.
Contractor of the Year, less than $25 million:
- APX Labs
- Berico Technologies
- Credence Management Solutions
- DRT Strategies Inc.
- InCadence Strategic Solutions