Murray leads pack of WIT winners
- By Nick Wakeman
- May 16, 2008
Deirdre Murray of Qwest Communications International Inc. received the lifetime achievement award from Women in Technology during the group's annual leadership awards gala.
Murray, business development principal for Qwest, was one of several winners recognized Thursday night. It was the ninth annual awards program for the Washington area organization.
Other winners and their categories are:
- Corporate: Tami A. Erwin, Verizon Wireless, president, Washington/Baltimore/Virginia region.
- Entrepreneur: Katie Sleep, List Innovative Solutions, president and chief executive officer.
- Government: Laurie Reyes, Montgomery County Police Department, police officer 3/Project Lifesaver coordinator.
- Rising Star: Nikole Collins-Puri, AT&T, global business services diversity and inclusion manager.
- WIT Champion: Carol Moroz, SAP, client services executive
- President's Award: Kathryn Harris, principal and founder, Resolution Law Group.
- Founders' Award: Marguerete Luter, president, The Process Pro.
Nick Wakeman is the editor-in-chief of Washington Technology. Follow him on Twitter: @nick_wakeman.