CSC to support NASA center
- By David Hubler
- Feb 05, 2008
Computer Sciences Corp. is expanding the support services it provides to employees at Stennis Space Center, Miss., under a $22 million modification of its NASA Shared Services Center contract.
The expansion applies to the $230 million contract NASA awarded CSC in May 2005. The modification, along with several that were previously unannounced, brings the total estimated value of the 10-year contract to about $265 million.
Under the award, CSC will extend its financial support services to accommodate expected increased workloads in accounts payable and accounts receivable. The company will also now support NASA's fund balance with the Treasury Department.
NASA consolidated select agencywide business and technical services into a single Shared Services Center in 2005 to increase operational efficiency and improve overall customer service.
The center now provides administrative benefits to nearly 20,000 NASA employees, contractors and partners, said Tom Anderson, president of CSC's North American Public Sector Civil Division.
Teaming with CSC are:
- AI Signal Research Inc., Huntsville, Ala.
Arcata Associates Inc., Las Vegas
- ASRC Management Services, Greenbelt, Md.
- Infinity Technology Inc., Huntsville, Ala.
- Lockheed Martin Services, Cherry Hill, N.J.
- LUSA Associates Inc., Jacksonville, Fla.
- MEI Technologies Inc., Houston
- SaiTech Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies Inc., Greenbelt, Md.
- Tessada Associates Inc., Springfield, Va.
- TriStar Engineering Inc., Bedford, Ind.
CSC of El Segundo, Calif., ranks No. 11
on Washington Technology's 2007 Top 100 list
of the largest federal government prime contractors.
David Hubler is the former print managing editor for GCN and senior editor for Washington Technology. He is freelance writer living in Annandale, Va.