Picture this | GovCon finalists to take center stage
Bob Kipps, of KippsDeSanto and Co., announces the finalists for the 2007 Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards.
Washington Technology Editor Nick Wakeman and Linda Allen, of NCI Information Systems, at the announcement of the finalists.
Charles Rossotti, co-founder of American Management Systems Inc. and former commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, has been picked as the Hall of Fame recipient for the 2007 Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards.
He leads a lineup of finalists for awards in the categories of Contractor of the Year, Executive of the Year and Public Sector Partner of the Year. The finalists and Rossotti's honor were announced Sept. 6.
The winners in the other categories will be named at a banquet Oct. 10 at the Ritz-Carlton in McLean, Va. The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce's Government Contractor Council, Professional Services Council and Washington Technology present the annual awards program.
Rossotti, a senior adviser to the Carlyle Group, is receiving the Hall of Fame award for his work in building a successful business and helping lay the foundation for the contracting industry as a whole.
Finalists in other categories are:
Contractor of the Year (less than $25 million)
- AceInfo Solutions Inc., Reston, Va.
- InfoZen Inc., Rockville, Md.
- List Innovative Solutions, Herndon, Va.
- Mind and Media Inc., Alexandria, Va.
- The Tauri Group, Alexandria, Va.
Contractor of the Year ($25 million to $75 million)
- Access Systems Inc., Reston, Va.
- Danya International Inc., Silver Spring, Md.
- High Performance Technologies Inc., Reston, Va.
- Oberon Associates Inc., Manassas, Va.
- Project Performance Corp., McLean, Va.
Contractor of the Year ($75 million to $300 million)
- American Systems Corp., Chantilly, Va.
- Aviel Systems Inc., McLean, Va.
- The CenTech Group Inc., Arlington, Va.
- CNSI, Rockville, Md.
- NCI Information Systems Inc., Reston, Va.
- Perot Systems Government Services, Fairfax, Va.
Contractor of the Year (more than $300 million)
- Alion Science and Technology Corp., McLean, Va.
- ICF International Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- SI International Inc., Reston, Va.
- SRA International Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Stanley Inc., Arlington, Va.
Executive of the Year (less than $75 million)
- Jodi Johnson, Oberon Associates, Manassas, Va.
- Tim Keenan, High Performance Technologies, Reston, Va.
- Anne Reed, Acquisitions Solutions Inc., Arlington, Va.
- Katherine Sleep, List Innovative Solutions Inc., Herndon, Va.
- Erik G. Thamm, Log.Sec Corp., Manassas, Va.
Executive of the Year ($75 million to $300 million)
- John Chapel, Aviel Systems, McLean, Va.
- Terry Collins, Argon ST, Fairfax, Va.
- Michelle Lee, STG International Inc., Alexandria, Va.
- Theodore Prociv, Versar, Springfield, Va.
- Russell Wright, Dimensions International Inc., Alexandria, Va.
Executive of the Year (more than $300 million)
- Linda Gooden, Lockheed Martin Corp., Bethesda, Md.
- John Howard, CDW Government Inc., Vernon Hills, Ill.
- Robin Lineberger, BearingPoint Inc., McLean, Va.
Public-Sector Partner of the Year
- Jenise A. Setian, Office of Personnel Management.
- Deidre Lee, Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Mark Robbins, Homeland Security Department's Office of Procurement Operations, Science and Technology Acquisitions Division.
- William Thoreen, DHS Office of Procurement Operations, Information Technology Acquisitions Center.