Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requires best value trade-off proposals to be evaluated and scored based on Strengths, weaknesses, deficiencies and risks. To win, your proposal must have the best and possibly the most Strengths. This session, which includes handouts and activities for understanding, will discuss how to use Strength-Based Winning through the phases of the business development life cycle: capture, solutioning, proposal writing, proposal reviews and lessons learned.
What You Will Learn:
- How the government evaluates proposals and determines strengths, weaknesses, deficiencies and risks
- How to plan and manage effective strength-based solutioning sessions
- How to budget and map strengths for higher scores
- How to write proposal text featuring strengths that are supported by proof points
- How to conduct strengths-based proposal reviews and score your proposal like a Government evaluator
- How to use results to efficiently increase proposal evaluation scores
Learn how to define, articulate and vet the Strengths of your solution to increase proposal scores and improve your win rates.
This class is designed for business development, capture management, solution architect, and proposal management professionals as well as for company executives and operational managers, including project managers and technical professionals who participate in solutioning, writing and reviewing proposals.
1) 7 Steps to Successful Solutioning
2) Highlight Your Strengths
3) Solutioning Your Strengths
1) Feature, Benefit or Proof
2) Strengths and Weaknesses
Course Length: 1 Hour
Lisa Pafe, CPP APMP Fellow, PMP
Vice President, Lohfeld Consulting Group
Lisa brings more than 25 years’ experience in business development, capture and proposal management, process improvement, and training. She is an APMP Fellow and holds APMP Professional-level certification (CPP APMP Fellow). She is a Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Lisa is also a trained Internal Auditor for ISO 9001:2008. She has managed hundreds of winning government proposals, writes and speaks extensively, and is a recognized thought leader in the proposal industry.