The learning objectives for this course are:
• Learn the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
• Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all meetings, roles and artifacts.
• Describe the rights and responsibilities of each role in Scrum: Team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster and stakeholder.
• Discuss with other participants what Scrum means to you and what it will mean to be a ScrumMaster in your organization.
• Watch Scrum in action as the framework of Scrum will be used to deliver the course material.
• Identify the main obstacles to using Scrum in your organization.
• Practice applying ScrumMaster skills to solve real life problems.
• Pass the Certified Scrum Master assessment.
Prerequisites: None, though it is recommended that candidates have some exposure to software development or project management prior to the course.
Continuing Education Credits: Students who are PMP certified will earn 16 PDUs for completing the Certified Scrum Master course.
Contact Name: Brian Flora
Don't miss our July 12 Washington Technology Power Training session on Mastering Stakeholder Engagement, where you'll learned the critical skills you need to more fully connect with your customers and win more business.
In our latest Project 38 Podcast, editor Nick Wakeman and senior staff writer Ross Wilkers discuss the major news events so far in 2019 and what major trends are on the horizon.
Sign up for our newsletter.