Virginia Beach, VA
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
We are returning to Virginia Beach for two weeks of the best in SANS security training with our top gun instructors. Bring your family for a classic late-summer vacation at the shore! Make your plans now to attend and get your IT security training in at SANS Virginia Beach 2012 on August 20 - 31, 2012. You'll have the opportunity to take two full courses back-to-back in your chosen discipline! OR, join us for one week if that best fits your busy summer schedule.
SANS Virginia Beach continues to be one of our most popular locations! In the past, our IT security training courses have sold out, and an extra week of training means we may not have to turn anyone away. Choose from these top-rated five- and six- day SANS IT Audit, Security Management, Computer Forensics, and IT Security courses, and use what you learn in the classroom as soon as you return to the office.
Security Training Schedule During Week #1
Starting August 20 (6 days):
- Audit 507: Auditing Networks, Perimeters, and Systems * (GSNA) with David Hoelzer
- Security 401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style * (GSEC) with Dr. Eric Cole
- Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling * (GCIH) with John Strand
- Security 575: Mobile Device Security and Ethical Hacking - New - with Joshua Wright
- Forensics 508: Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response (GCFA) with Rob Lee
Security Training Schedule During Week #2
Starting August 26 (6 days):
- Management 414: SANS® +S™ Training Program for the CISSP® Certification Exam * (GISP) with Dr. Eric Cole
- Security 503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth * (GCIH) with Mike Poor
- Security 560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (GPEN)
Starting August 27 (5 days):
- Management 512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials For Managers with Knowledge Compression™ * (GSLC) with Stephen Northcutt
- Security 566: Implementing and Auditing the Twenty Critical Security Controls - In-Depth with James Tarala
* Courses that align with the DoD 8570 Directive
Visit our Event-at-a-Glance page for complete course descriptions for all of the courses offered in Virginia Beach.
Courses taken at Virginia Beach are associated with a GIAC Certification attempt (above in parentheses). Put the skills you'll learn to practical use and join more than 41,000 GIAC certified professionals who make the Cybersecurity industry safe! Visit GIAC Roadmap for more information and register for your certification attempt today!
Earn your Master's Degree at SANS Technology Institute (STI)! Start taking courses at SANS Virginia Beach 2012 that will apply to the STI Master's Program upon admittance. Take classes in Information Security Management (MSISM) or Engineering (MSISE). Click here for the downloadable Application form. Apply today!
SANS training is well-known for being relevant and pragmatic. Our award-winning faculty has proven they understand the challenges you face on a daily basis. Their real-world experience increases the practical value of the course material.
Here is what SANS Virginia Beach 2011 attendees had to say:
"Excellent material and instruction. Doesn't simply explain what the vulnerabilities are but what deep down makes it - vulnerable (crypto, etc)" - Luke Baden, USN
"Today's material was spot on and timely for immediate action when I return to work next week." - Scott Finke, USSA-ARS
"I heard this class (SEC504) was very good even before I got here, especially with this instructor. I have to say, the intro to SANS presentation sold me on the sophistication of the presentation and thoroughness of materials development." - Mary Gutierrez, USAF
"As a new IT security guy, this class (SEC401) helped fill the gaps." - Charles Gifford, Ball Aerospace
Our campus for this event, the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, is ten seconds from the Virginia Beach boardwalk and ocean front and is right next to the Neptune's Park and the Shoppes at 31 Ocean. A discounted room rate of $199 S/D is available to SANS students until July 27, but space is limited so book early!
The hotel is right on the north end of one of America's favorite Boardwalks, constructed in 1888 and a favorite during Victorian times. The current version is three miles long and perfect for strolling, biking, or rollerblading. The Boardwalk is lined with shops and restaurants with plenty of ramps to get to the beach. Picture 11 top-rated golf courses, off-shore fishing opportunities where Virginia Beach is known as the "Fish highway," children's activities for both teens and younger children (including a Where the Wild Things Are attraction), and that is Virginia Beach! Virginia Beach is also home to the Virginia Aquarium which features the fish of the Chesapeake Bay area and much more including komodo dragons and whale watching boat trips! Whether you enjoy kayaking, swimming, bird watching, hiking, fishing, playing golf or shopping and dining, Virginia Beach has it all. What a great location for your training!
"This is why I go to SANS live events. This SANS@Night presentation is one of the best I've attended. Well worth it, time well spent!!!" - Ed B., Vanguard, Inc.
Register by July 11 and receive a $500 tuition fee discount! This event has a history of filling up quickly, so register today to join us at SANS Virginia Beach 2012!
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, July 11, 2012, to receive up to a $500.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, July 25, 2012, to receive up to a $250.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- No Refunds after Wednesday, August 1, 2012.
- Discount applies to five- and six-day courses only.
Contact Name: SANS Institute
(301) 654-SANS (7267)