San Diego, CA
Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
SANS will be back in San Diego May 10-18 for SANS Security West 2012 with the best security training money can buy! You'll find more than 20 first-class course offerings brought to you by our top-rated instructors. Register & pay by Wednesday, March 28, 2012, to receive a $500.00 discount.
At SANS Security West, you have the opportunity to advance your information security skill set, learn to prepare your organization for the future, and enjoy the fun and sun of San Diego!
Choose from these outstanding SANS Courses:
- Audit 507: Auditing Networks, Perimeters & Systems * (GSNA, STI)
- Management 414: SANS® +S™ Training Program for the CISSP® Certification Exam * (GISP)
- Management 512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials for Managers with Knowledge Compression™ * (GSLC, STI)
- Management 525: IT Project Management, Effective Communication, and PMP Exam Prep (GCPM, STI)
- Security 401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style * (GSEC)
- Security 501: Advanced Security Essentials - Enterprise Defender * (GCED)
- Security 503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth * (GCIA, STI)
- Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling * (GCIH, STI)
- Security 505: Securing Windows * (GCWN, STI)
- Security 528: SANS Training Program for the New CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Certification - NEW
- Security 560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (GPEN, STI)
- Security 575: Mobile Device Security and Ethical Hacking - NEW
- Security 579: Virtualization and Private Cloud Security - NEW
- Security 660: Advanced Penetration Testing, Exploits, and Ethical Hacking
- Security 642: Advanced Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking - NEW
- Forensics 408: Computer Forensic Essentials (GCFE, STI)
- Forensics 508: Computer Forensic Investigations and Incident Response (GCFA)
- Security 610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques (GREM, STI)
- Special: NetWars - Tournament Play
- Special: CISM Exam Prep Bootcamp
Friday, May 11:
- Management 305: Technical Communication and Presentation Skills for Security Professionals (STI)
Thursday, May 10 - Friday, May 11:
- Management 433: Securing The Human: Building and Deploying an Effective Security Awareness Program (STI)
- Security 434: Log Management In-Depth: Compliance, Security, Forensics, and Troubleshooting
Friday, May 18:
- Security 517: Cutting-Edge Hacking Techniques
* Courses preparing you for almost any of the technical and management certifications required by Department of Defense Directive 8570.
Don't miss these enriching and informal networking opportunities that you only find at live training events. Watch for our SANS Special Events, Vendor Expo and Reception, and SANS@Night talks - all of which are free to those who register. Valuable professional relationships that last for years are forged at SANS events. Here is what some attendees had to say about SANS Security West 2011:
"SANS class is very content-rich with tons of hands-on exercises. The instructor has a wealth of experience practicing his trade, not just teaching." - Dat Pham, Charles Schwab
"My sixth SANS conference, and so far my most enjoyable. While I am a 'techie', Ben makes the Layer 8 issues as thought-provoking as a tough network forensics problem." - William Jeskey, Tarrant County College District
"SANS provides timely training that is world class and very thorough. The training provides an in-depth understanding of the subject in a conducive learning environment." - Ryan Astin, Raytheon
"This was my first SANS course and I was very pleased and impressed with the quality, focus and practicability of the material." - Nacio Valdez, San Diego Data Processing Corporation
The Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel will be the location for SANS Security West 2012. With its spectacular waterfront location, the Hyatt offers stunning ocean and bay views with easy access to many unique Southern California adventures! Take a cruise on the San Diego Bay, and visit Seaport Village, the Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Zoo, and Sea World. Plus, don't miss the museums or IMAX theatre in Balboa Park. San Diego in May has an average high of 69 degrees with a low of 60 degrees.
A special discount rate of $205 S/D will be honored based on space availability. Make your reservations now as this special rate is only available through April 19, 2012. Government per diem rooms are available with proper ID; simply call reservations and ask for the SANS government rate. These rates include-high speed Internet in your room.
"SEC54 is an eye-opener to how scary the internet is and where it is going..." - Michael Slavens, WestJet
To follow or tweet about this event, use the hashtag #sans-secwest-2012. Follow SANS at @SANSInstitute.
The only way you can be prepared for the future is to understand it, and those who do not learn from the past are forced to repeat it. Our look at emerging trends will prepare you to face the challenges ahead. Register today for SANS Security West 2012 - we are looking forward to meeting you in sunny Southern California!
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, March 28, 2012, to receive up to a $500.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, April 11, 2012, to receive up to a $250.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- No Refunds after Wednesday, April 18, 2012.
- Discount applies to five- and six-day courses only.
Contact Name: SANS Institute
(301) 654-SANS (7267)