Sheraton Reston Hotel
SANS is returning to Reston for SANS Northern Virginia 2012, April 15-20! Are you ready to immerse yourself in the most intense computer and information security training experience available anywhere? Do you need to become a more effective leader when implementing security improvements for your organization? Are you looking for more in-depth knowledge of the theory and implementation of computer security, virtualization, or securing your private cloud? SANS Northern Virginia 2012 has been planned to meet your needs.
This event features comprehensive hands-on technical training from some of the best instructors in the information security industry and includes several courses that will prepare you or your technical staff for DoD 8570 and GIAC approved certification exams. And, there's no time like the present to begin if getting your Masters Degree in information security is one of your goals. Start making your plans now to attend SANS Northern Virginia 2012!
SANS Northern Virginia 2012 is part of a larger training event - SANS Capital Region 2012, which includes SANS Cyber Guardians 2012. This event will be held April 30 through May 7 in Baltimore. This is your opportunity for more training, which can be selected from a unique course list.
The SANS promise is that on your first day back at work after a SANS training, you'll be able to put into practice the skills you learned. SANS instructors are IT security experts who will keep that promise. Choose from these 5-6 day courses, with their corresponding certifications, filled with hands-on exercises, tips, and tricks you'll gain in the classroom for use in the workplace!
- Management 512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials For Managers with Knowledge Compression™* (GSLC) with Fred Kerby
- Security 401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style* (GSEC) with Eric Cole, Ph.D.
- Security 505: Securing Windows (GCWN) with Jason Fossen
- Security 660: Advanced Penetration Testing, Exploits, and Ethical Hacking - with Eric Conrad
- Security 579: Virtualization and Private Cloud Security - NEW - with Paul A. Henry
- Forensics 408: Computer Forensic Investigations - Windows In-Depth - (GCFE) with Mike Murr
- Forensics 610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques - (GREM) with Hal Pomeranz
* Courses that align with DoD Directive 8570.
Here's what SANS alumni have said about the value of SANS Information Security Training:
"No other training has provided such instant value to me as a professional or to my company which employs me for these skills" - Terry Pack, Wellpoint
"I am the fourth person from my office to attend SANS training, and will highly recommend it to my other coworkers." - Merry Crossland, Department of the Navy
"This course is great at what it promises to do: prepare the student to pass the CISSP exam, no more, no less, and no waste." - Jesus Salinas Di Giacomo, Douglas County PUD
For your accommodations, Sheraton Reston Hotel offers a special discounted rate of $142 S/D based on space availability. Government per diem rooms are available with proper ID. Simply call reservations and ask for the SANS government rate. These rates include high-speed Internet in your room, and are only available thru March 30, 2012. Book your reservation now! The Sheraton Reston Hotel premier location is a short drive from Dulles Airport and features easy access to Reston National Golf Course, Reston Town Center, and Virginia historical sites.
Joseph Price of DoD says it all. "The perfect format: concept/theory up-front, and then we dove right into hands-on labs. I learned a TON!!"
Come see for yourself - register today for SANS Northern Virginia 2012.
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, February 29, 2012, to receive up to a $500.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, March 14, 2012, to receive up to a $250.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- No Refunds after Wednesday, March 28, 2012.
- Discount applies to five- and six-day courses only.
Contact Name: SANS Institute
(301) 654-SANS (7267)