Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
SANS will be in Maryland for the second annual SANS Cyber Guardian information security training event in Baltimore, April 30 - May 7, 2012. We have again placed this event near the heart of Cyber Command, at the request of many of our nation's elite. We have selected some of SANS' most technical, hands-on courses in order to train our country's Cyber Guardians!
SANS Cyber Guardian 2012 is part of a larger event, SANS Capital Region 2012. For more information, see SANS Northern Virginia 2012 which is scheduled for April 15-20. There are seven courses being held in Reston, Virginia, two of which can add to your Cyber Guardian requirements.
In addition to cutting-edge infosec courses listed below, SANS has selected evening events that tie in with the training and talks. All students who register for a 5- or 6- day course will be eligible to play NetWars - Tournament Play at no charge. NetWars is an interactive security challenge testing your security knowledge and capture-the-flag skills. NetWars will be held May 3-4 in the evening. Watch for our list of evening talks to be posted on the event Web page.
Cutting Edge Infosec Courses at this Baltimore Event
Below are the cutting-edge SANS courses that will be offered at SANS Cyber Guardian 2012. We are featuring four baseline courses, two for the Red Team, and one for Blue Team - noted in the parentheses below.
April 30 - May 5 (CG = Cyber Guardian):
- Security 501: Advanced Security Essentials - Enterprise Defender * (GCED)
- Security 502: Perimeter Protection In-Depth (GCFW, CG Blue Team)
- Security 503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth * (GCIA, CG Baseline)
- Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling * (GCIH, CG Baseline)
- Security 542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (GWAPT, CG Red Team)
- Security 560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (GPEN, CG Baseline)
- Security 617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, and Defenses (GAWN, CG Red Team)
- Forensics 508: Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response (GCFA, CG Baseline)
May 3 - 4:
- Special: NetWars - Tournament Play† - Evenings
- Security 580: Metasploit Kung Fu for Enterprise Pen Testing
* Courses that Align with DoD 8570 Directive
For complete course descriptions, see our Event-at-a-Glance Page.
All of the 6-day courses offered at SANS Cyber Guardian 2012 are associated with a GIAC Certification. Put the skills you'll learn to practical use and join more than 39,500 GIAC certified professionals who make the Infosec industry safe! Visit our GIAC Roadmap page for more information and register for your certification attempt today.
SANS training is well-known for being relevant and pragmatic. All SANS instructors are industry leaders and experts who understand the challenges you face on a daily basis. Their real-world experience increases the practical value of the course material.
Here are some comments from SANS Cyber Guardian 2011 alumni:
"I have 12 years of experience in IT security, and I'm learning new information on each module." - Emanuel Almeida, IBM
"The course (SEC503) helps build the foundation of skills to recognize network intrusions. Packet captures and IDS analysis should be the cornerstone of every network admin's skill repertoire and this course helps you gain those skills." - Charles Kershaw, NIOC Maryland
"SEC560 provides a solid basis for understanding the concepts, methods and tools available to hackers, and is valuable not only to pen testers, but also to anyone involved in IT or IT security." - Chirs Sell, SunGuard
"Everything you need to learn for the basics of forensics in just six days; any more knowledge and your head would explode! (SEC508)" - Matthew Harvey, U.S. Department of Justice
Classes will be held at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel in Baltimore, MD. A special discount rate of $189 S/D will be honored based on space availability. To obtain a government per diem room, available with proper ID, you will need to call reservations and ask for the SANS government rate. All rates include high-speed Internet in your room and are only available through April 5, 2012.
The Inner Harbor is the business, historic, and cultural district of Baltimore. The hotel gives you access to Camden Yards and the M & T Bank Stadium, home of the Baltimore Ravens. Other close attractions are the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Center, 1st Mariner Arena, or the Hippodrome Theater. Also interesting is historic Fort McHenry, birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner.
To follow or tweet about this event, use hashtag #sanscyberguardian. Follow SANS at @SANSInstitute
"When I get back to the office, I will use the knowledge I gained here to better defend my organization's network." - Joshua Anthony, West Virginia Army National Guard
Get the information security training you need to be a Cyber Guardian and a member of the elite team that will be trained to stay one step ahead of the threats as well as know what to do when a breach occurs. Start making your training and travel plans now to join us for SANS Cyber Guardian 2012!
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, March 14, 2012, to receive up to a $500.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, March 28, 2012, to receive up to a $250.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- No Refunds after Wednesday, April 11, 2012.
- Discount applies to five- and six-day courses only.
Contact Name: SANS Institute
(301) 654-SANS (7267)