Four Seasons Hotel, 2800 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
On April 19th, join area CEO's Presidents, Sales VP's, and Business Owners for an exclusive lunch at the Four Seasons in Washington, D. C. Our keynote speaker, Daniel Pink, is a New York Times Best Selling Author and Award Winning Blogger. Pink will lead a paradigm shattering look at what truly motivates us and how we can use that knowledge to work smarter and live better.
Most of us believe that the best way to motivate ourselves is with external rewards like money-the carrot-and-stick-approach. Pink contends that is a mistake in his book Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us. The secret to high performance and satisfaction-at work, at school, and at home is a deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.
Drawing on four decades of scientific research in human motivation, Pink exposes the mismatch between what science knows and what business does. You will walk away with the following:
- Example of why the carrots and sticks aproach doesn't work in the twentieth century.
- An understanding of the three elements of true motivation: Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
- Smart techniques for putting these elements into action
- Examples of new approaches that other companies are using
- Names of scientists and business executives who are pointing a bold way forward
Directors, VPs, Presidents, C-Level, SES, GS-15+, Business Owners
Contact Name: Alex Bartholomaus