New Orleans, LA
Sheraton New Orleans
SANS is proud to be back in the "Big Easy" to bring top notch information security training at SANS Security East 2012 on January 17-24. Start the year off right with our top-rated instructors and outstanding course offerings. Now is the time to improve your information security skills and laissez les bons temps rouler!
The following line up of courses, including our new Audit 407: Foundations of Auditing Information Systems, will bring you the best security training ever!
- Audit 407: Foundations of Auditing Information Systems - New!
- Security 401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style * (GSEC)
- Security 503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth * (GCIA)
- Security 560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (GPEN)
- Security 566: Implementing and Auditing the Twenty Critical Security Controls - In Depth
- Forensics 408: Computer Forensic Investigations - Windows In-Depth (GCFE)
The following course is being held on January 17-18 as an additional training opportunity:
- Management 442: Information Security Risk Management
* Courses preparing you for the technical and management certifications required by Department of Defense Directive 8570 being taught at SANS Security East 2012.
Don't miss our special events and bonus evening presentations where we'll share the latest threats as well as newest advances in security for small businesses, physical memory analysis, advanced VoIP penetration testing, and much more.
Cutting-edge SANS @Night sessions include:
- Helping Small Businesses with Security: 15 Years of Painfully Learned Lessons
- De-Anonymizing Live CDs through Physical Memory Analysis
- Advanced VoIP Pentesting: Current Threats and Methods
Complete your SANS training experience with a GIAC certification attempt! Four of our five and six-day courses offered at SANS Security East 2012 are associated with a GIAC Certification. Put the skills you'll learn to practical use and join nearly 38,000 GIAC certified professionals who make the info sec industry safe! Visit our GIAC Roadmap for more information and register for your certification attempt today.
Earn your Master's Degree at SANS Technology Institute (STI). Take classes in Information Security Management (MSISM) or Engineering (MSISE). Click here for the downloadable Application form. Apply today!
Here's what recent SANS Alumni had to say about SANS' infosec training:
"Awareness is extremely important, and SANS is a must in the matter! Excellent!" - Eduardo Santos, CGD
"SANS courses jump-start your knowledge and position you to do meaningful work upon course completion." - Eric Lorenz, Central Michigan University
"These are skills I've been wanting to gain for years but never had the time or resources. SANS (and Ed) bring it all together." - Jake Evans, Tripwire
"SANS always has the most technical and hands-on courses out of all the training centers." - Cynthia Jones, USAA
"If you want to be good at something, learn from the best." - Adino Namchu, IntelleSecure
SANS Security East 2012 is once again being hosted at the Sheraton New Orleans on Canal Street, bordering the French Quarter. You will be right in the heart and spirit of this great city where the city's major attractions and the Mississippi River are literally right outside the hotel's door. A special discounted rate of $197 S/D will be honored based on space availability through December 28. This rate includes high-speed Internet in your room. From the Sheraton you can tour the Mississippi, walk Bourbon Street, visit a plantation, shop at Riverwalk Marketplace or Canal Place, take a swamp tour, see the Aquarium of the Americas, and learn about New Orleans rich and unique history. The Mardi Gras season begins January 6, and the parade schedule starts February 4, 2012; Mardi Gras Day is February 21, 2012. This means some Mardi Gras activities are possible during the conference dates. This city is a fabulous destination with something of interest for everyone!
New Orleans Insider tip:
Fred Kerby, SANS Senior Instructor says,
"When I'm in New Orleans, I try to have dinner at Dickie Brennan's Palace Cafe at least once during the stay. The food is excellent and the desserts are sure to make you a well rounded person..."
Make your 2012 information security training plans now and register today for SANS Security East 2012 - we are looking forward to meeting you in New Orleans!
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, December 7, 2011, to receive up to a $400.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- Register & pay for any five- or six-day course by Wednesday, December 21, 2011, to receive up to a $250.00 discount. (Five- and six-day courses are noted by **.)
- No Refunds after Wednesday, December 28, 2011.
- Discount applies to five- and six-day courses only.
Contact Name: SANS Institute
(301) 654-SANS (7267)