The U.S. Government Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC), mandate stipulates that administrative rights cannot be granted to end-users and may not be made available on federal desktops and laptops. Yet, certain Windows applications and desktop functions require administrative privileges in order to run properly. Granting full administrator rights creates a less secure desktop environment and opens the door for malicious hackers and viruses.
Join us as Viewfinity steps through its non-disruptive, automated method for transitioning to a least privileges environment. This end-to-end approach automates the analysis required to determine user needs and prepare your environment.
Attendees will learn how to:
* Discover user accounts that have local administrative rights
* Remove users or suspicious groups from the administrators group
* Identify applications requiring administrative rights prior to revoking privileges
* Interpret “Readiness Statistics” to determine the optimal “preparedness” point to remove administrator rights
* Create policies for standard users who are running applications or desktop functions that require elevated privileges
If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Contact Name: Kathleen Everett
Sign up for our newsletter.