Old Town Alexandria, VA
The Summit is designed for active members of the Military Services, VA, Federal Healthcare Agencies, Academia, and Industry HIT solution providers, and those in attendance will be expected to have a strong working knowledge of the issues at hand. The sessions are created to offer a full spectrum view towards the DoD & VA’s efforts at iEHRs, and Federal HIE initiatives. The forum is also created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance.
The Summit is broken down into 6 focus areas that generally follow the current parameters of the Secretaries’ (DoD & VA) “way forward”:
1. DoD & VA: Common Information Interoperability Framework
- from cloud computing to common data centers
2. Common Service Broker: ESB and Infrastructure Services
- a functional architectural approach to iEHRs, including SOAs
3. DoD & VA Mission Specific Applications and Joint Services for the End User
- from agency unique requirements to shared services
4. Federal HIE: Designing and Deploying Federated-National HIEs
- from architecture to consumer privacy and information security in EHR interoperability
5. Mobile Healthcare Technologies
- including Theater/Garrison priorities for emerging technologies
6. Patient Centered Medical Home
- including technologies to make it successful
Our goal is to bring together leaders from across the Armed Services & Government Agencies and the Industry and Academic leaders that can help them forge many of the HIT solutions necessary to achieve their respective “next –steps”. Actionable take aways for today, tomorrow, and the future will drive the discussions.
US Military Services, Government Healthcare Agencies, Academia, HIT Technology Service Providers.
Contact Name: Lisa Madison