Virtualization is disrupting assumptions about how security is deployed and operated in datacenters and in the cloud. While many of the same basic principles of IT security apply in virtual environments as they do in physical ones, virtualization offers some key additional security benefits, such as:
* Reducing the interfaces and the attack profile by supporting OS independence
* Separating and isolating management networks
* Increasing security during deployment
* Restricting access to privileged networks
* Enhancing infrastructure stability and resource availability
Join us on Thursday, August 25th for a complimentary VMware webcast. Attendees of this webcast will learn more about increasing cloud and datacenter security through the use of virtualization, and how to secure virtual infrastructure with VMware’s vShield suite of products for network, edge and endpoint security.
Contact Name: D'Arcy Steiner
Sign up for our newsletter.
Senior Staff Writer Ross Wilkers talks with Hitachi Vantara CTO Gary HIx discusses how many of the changes brought by the COVID-19 pandemic might become permanent fixtures in the market.
In this episode of the Project 38 podcast, Editor Nick Wakeman hosts a roundtable with several reporters to explore some of the most pressing issues in the market.