National Press Club
Aviation Week’s Affordability Requirements Forum will highlight the new business processes and illustrate how certain programs are adhering to the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics’ directives to treat affordability as a requirement. You will learn how programs are getting "more without more" and achieving BETTER BUYING POWER.
This two day forum will familiarize you with DoD’s new processes by focusing on:
- How program managers will evaluate cost drivers and interact with combat developers to ensure that the full cost impact of requirements is understood
- Establishing affordability targets that will be treated by program managers as key performance parameters
- Methodology for conducting a systems engineering tradeoff analysis: Demonstrating the influence of design decisions (and alternatives) on affordability and how a product can become less expensive without sacrificing necessary functionality
- Driving productivity through Will Cost/Should Cost management: Determining what a system should cost if cost efficiencies are applied
- Government-Industry idea exchange: Which data requests/reporting requirements and acquisition practices cause industry to adopt processes and make investments that increase non-value added costs?
- Encouraging supplier innovation to drive down costs
Program Managers and Engineers.
Contact Name: Aviation Week
Don't miss our July 12 Washington Technology Power Training session on Mastering Stakeholder Engagement, where you'll learned the critical skills you need to more fully connect with your customers and win more business.
In our latest Project 38 Podcast, editor Nick Wakeman and senior staff writer Ross Wilkers discuss the major news events so far in 2019 and what major trends are on the horizon.
Sign up for our newsletter.