Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld
GITEC Call for Papers
GITEC invites senior-level Federal government IT employees and Federal government/industry teams to submit abstracts for the purpose of presenting during the 2011 GITEC Summit. Submissions should incorporate the conference theme, Transparency and Transformation: Delivering Government Results, and should address one of the following focus areas:
* Data centers: Green, sustainable, and optimized
* Information lifecycle: Managing for results
* The biggest challenges for the largest upcoming projects
* New technologies coming to fruition
* New project management technologies that can help move initiatives to implementation
* Engaging the millennial generation (Generation Y)
Abstracts are due November 30. To submit, please visit http://www.gitecsummit.com/11IP/speakerzone.asp.
The GITEC Board of Directors will award scholarships at the annual GITEC Summit to high school seniors interested in pursuing a college degree in an IT discipline such as computer science, computer engineering, or information assurance. GITEC’s goal is to increase the availability of well-trained IT professionals to meet the needs of an increasingly technological society.
Scholarship nominations are due December 15. For more information on GITEC scholarships or to complete a nomination form, please visit http://www.gitecsummit.com/11IP/pm_awards.asp.
GITEC Summit Project Management Excellence Awards
The GITEC Summit Project Management Excellence Awards honor Federal government project teams for the best projects in the following five categories:
* Effective Management of the Changing Budgetary and IT Landscape – Improved Cost Effectiveness and Accountability
* Technology That Is Reshaping America – Best Practices in Information Life Cycle Management
* Data Center Successes – Green, Sustainable, Optimized
* Enhanced Business Results from Innovation
* Cyber Security – Proactive Leadership in Securing Data and Information
Nominations should include the following:
* Metrics by which the project was deemed a success
* How the project supports the agency mission
* Lessons learned and/or best practices that were applied
* Any innovative tools, methodologies, or processes that helped make the project a success
Nominations are due January 7, 2011. To submit a nomination, please visit http://www.gitecsummit.com/11IP/pm_awards.asp .
Contact Name: Technology Forums