Le Meridien Piccadilly
This conference examines the latest methodologies, innovations, techniques and technologies being used in the design and construction of new naval vessels and the repair and refit of existing ones. The market is currently spread between the procurement (design & construction) of new warships (the Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carrier and Type 45 destroyer in the UK for example) and the refit and repair of existing, ageing fleets (some vessels date back to the 1970s). As militaries currently have high defence commitments globally (Afghanistan being the most notable) they need to maintain their naval fleet readiness and effectiveness accordingly. However, with the Strategic Defence Review looming in the UK, and tightening defence budgets in other countries, the market is anticipating the effects of this and bracing themselves for the shape of naval spending to come and how to provide and support for, an ‘affordable future fleet.’
Key topics to be covered in this year’s conference include:
• Enhanced affordability throughout naval vessel deign, construction, repair and refit
• More effective / early use of CAD and other graphics tools in vessel design
• Fleet sustainability and better management of through-life costs
• Latest construction techniques including modularity to reduce build time / costs
• Environmental regulations, meeting these and the implications with down-stream / through-life costs
• The use of more efficient technologies including electric propulsion, dual fuels and composite materials in repairs
• Better project management between the Navy and industry in ship support – Class Management
Contact Name: Joanna Checinska
44 (0)20 7368 9300
Don't miss our June 7 Washington Technology Power Training session on Mastering Stakeholder Engagement, where you'll learned the critical skills you need to more fully connect with your customers and win more business.
In our latest Project 38 Podcast, editor Nick Wakeman and senior staff writer Ross Wilkers discuss the major news events so far in 2019 and what major trends are on the horizon.
Sign up for our newsletter.