Tyto Athene closes acquisition, unveils expanded leadership team
- By Ross Wilkers
- Apr 02, 2021
Tyto Athene has completed its acquisition of the now-former AT&T defense IT professional services business and added new leadership team members.
The five new executives announced Thursday will work with Tyto CEO Chris Meilhammer and Chief Financial Officer Dan Smith to lead the company through its next phase of growth.
Formerly known as AT&T Government Solutions, that business holds positions on several multiple-award contract vehicles for IT solutions and professional services to agencies.
“We are excited to welcome the (Government Solutions) team into Tyto and begin working together to build a world-class organization to support our customers’ rapidly evolving requirements related to mission focused digital transformation,” Meilhammer said in a release.
New members of Tyto’s leadership team include:
- David Blake, chief technology officer
- Bill Lantzy, senior vice president of Navy and Marine Corps
- Hector Pelayo, vice president of Air and Space Forces
- Carl Tegen, senior vice president for Army and Defense Information Systems Agency
- Jeff Wolfe, vice president of the integration management office
In addition, Tyto’s board of directors also has added three new members in the wake of the transaction’s closure.
Those new board members are:
- Ed Casey, former CEO of IDEMIA’s North America identity and security business unit and Serco’s Americas subsidiary
- Ken Deutsch, former senior vice president of General Dynamics IT’s defense division and executive VP of CSRA’s defense group
- Joanne Isham, former deputy director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and a co-founder of In-Q-Tel
AT&T and Tyto have agreed to enter into teaming arrangements for opportunities in the Defense Department IT professional services market.
Aronson Capital Partners advised AT&T on the divestiture.
Ross Wilkers is a senior staff writer for Washington Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @rosswilkers. Also connect with him on LinkedIn.