Six win $243M contract to support Navy Aircraft Department
All bidders won contracts
- By Mark Hoover
- Aug 16, 2013
Six contractors have won a $243.1 million task order contract with the U.S. Navy to provide systems engineering support for the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Department.
The winners are:
- AM Pierce and Associates
- BAE Systems Technology Solutions and Services
- Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Services
- Coherent Technical Services
- Engility Corp.
- Sierra Nevada Corp.
All work will support the department’s Aircraft Control Systems Division.
Under the contract, the winners will provide systems engineering support to a number of developmental programs, including:
- Joint Precision Approach and Landing Systems
- Navy Unmanned Combat Aerial Systems
- Unmanned Carrier-Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike
- Broad Area Maritime Surveillance
- War Fighter Networking
- Unmanned Aircraft System/Ground Based Sense and Avoid
- Automated Aerial Refueling Support
Work will be performed in Patuxent River, Md., and St. Inigoes, Md., and is expected to be completed by August 2018.
No funding is obligated at the time of the award, the Defense Department said.
Six bids were received, and all won contracts.
Mark Hoover is a senior staff writer with Washington Technology. You can contact him at email@example.com, or connect with him on Twitter at @mhooverWT.